A honeymoon is a special time for newlyweds to celebrate their love and friendship. With all the wedding planning and ceremonies, you would find your honeymoon planning slipping through your hands. Honeymoon, being a part of your wedding, has to be perfect as well. And, India is one of the most sought-after destinations for honeymooners because of its diverse culture and geography. It is known for offering scenic places with beautiful landscape and soothing climate. To make your work easier we have handpicked the best destinations for your ultimate honeymoon. Want to know where they are? Continue reading!
Goa is a popular destination that needs no introduction. It is known for every kind of celebration and especially for honeymooners. From summery shores to Portuguese architecture, watersports and nightlife, Goa has it all. You can party your heart out, or walk on the shores, hand in hand with your soulmate. This coastal retreat will make you fall in love with your spouse all over again, making sure that the wedding memories don’t fade away.
- Popular places to visit: Anjuna Beach, Calangute Beach, Panaji, Parks and Churches
- Best experiences: Nightlife, Beaches, Watersports and Shopping
- Best time to visit: October to January
Andaman is a tropical paradise that is the most trending honeymoon location for newlyweds. The sun kissed beaches, world-class sports and with a dash of history makes it the most ideal place for a honeymoon. You can go explore the marine life, have candlelit dinners under the stars while making memories that would be remembered forever.
- Popular places to visit: Port Blair, Havelock Island, Cellular Jail, Marine National Park and many more.
- Best experiences: Quiet and secluded Beaches, Scuba Diving, Water Sports, Museums, Historical Places, Luxury Resorts, and Snorkeling
- Best time to visit: October to May
The capital of Sikkim, Gangtok, is a romantic getaway that is the best of Northeastern India. It is known for its scenic beauty as it is surrounded by stunning views and scenic beauty. When at Gangtok you can’t miss the breathtaking sunrise over the horizon of Mt. Kanchenjunga. Near Gangtok is the beautiful hill station of Darjeeling that is surrounded by mountain ranges and valleys. It is famous for its tea plantations. There are a lot more romantic places to visit in Gangtok and Darjeeling where you can go to with your significant other!
- Popular places to visit: Nathu La Lake and Pass, Rumtek Monastery, Himalayan Zoological Park
- Best experiences: Lakes, Trekking, Shopping, Mountain ranges, Buddhist monasteries and beautiful landscape
- Best time to visit: All year around
Also referred to as the ‘Paradise on Earth,’ Jammu & Kashmir is a location that promises undulating beauty. Srinagar, the capital of J&K, is undoubtedly the most romantic place in India. The boathouse (shikara) experience in the Dal Lake is a must. In the months of April and May, pristine white snow would spice up your honeymoon. Don’t miss out on the Gondola ride which would give a complete view of Gulmarg and the long walks to the strawberry valley.
- Popular places to visit: Gulmarg, Srinagar, Jammu
- Best experiences: Houseboat, Mughal gardens, Shikara, Lakes, and shopping
- Best time to visit: April to September
God’s Own Country, Kerala, is bestowed with natural beauty, scenic hill stations, cascading waterfalls, sandy beaches, enchanting backwaters, and wildlife. Kerala with its magic of backwaters offers one of the most alluring romantic experiences. You can soak in the fresh air as you sit on the porch of your cottage or walk around the green tea plantations, trek on the mountains of Wayanad or enjoy the delightful experience of the backwaters.
- Popular places to visit: Munnar, Cochin, Alleppey, Kovalam, Kollam, and Thekkady
- Best experiences: Beaches, Houseboats, Backwaters, Lakesides, Lagoons and Wildlife
- Best time to visit: September to May
Also called the ‘Switzerland of India,’ Uttarakhand is a beautiful location set in the foothills of the Himalayas. The capital city of the state, Dehradun is famous for its valleys and renowned educational institutions which have been used as shooting sets for a lot of movies. The mesmerizing beauty of Nainital and 9 cornered lake with Mussoorie included is the ideal getaway for honeymooners. If you are a jungle safari lover, you have to visit the Corbett National Park.
- Popular places to visit: Dehradun, Corbett National Park, Nainital, Mussoorie
- Best experiences: Wildlife, Landscape, Naini Peak
- Best time to visit: October to April
The cluster of one Lakh island, Lakshadweep, is all about romance and love. The soothingly scenic and spellbinding island promises a perfect honeymoon with shimmering sand, glittering water, luxurious resorts, beautiful beaches, locales and adventure activities. Away from the hustle-bustle of the city these islands are sure to make your honeymoon memorable and a lifetime affair.
- Popular places to visit: Agatti Island, Minicoy Island, Bangaram Island, Kavaratti Island
- Best experiences: Beaches, Ocean, Water Sports, Scuba Diving, Coral Reefs and Snorkelling
- Best time to visit: October to March
From the velvety sands of the Thar in Jaisalmer to the Venice of East in Jaipur, Rajasthan has it all. The land of kings is the largest state in India which in itself has the magical touch of romance. Any place you choose here would be a perfect honeymoon location. For its unique heritage, it is popular among International tourists as well. It’s known for colorful culture, thrilling safaris, lush forests, exotic wildlife and sparkling sand dunes. Every city you step into would have a memorable experience to give.
- Popular places to visit: Jaipur, Jaisalmer, Udaipur
- Best experiences: Desert Safari, Forts, Palaces, Havelis, City tours, Shopping, Temples, Wildlife, Elephant rides, Trekking and Hiking
- Best time to visit: October to March
Honeymoon is a very special phase for newlyweds. Making the most of it is also very important. Now that you have scrolled through some of the marvellous places you can go to in India, would you still prefer a foreign destination? We hope not! The next time someone asks you about exotic destinations for the honeymoon, you know what you have to talk about! Not just that, your honeymoon should also be planned around here! So, what are you waiting for? Start planning!