Looking to dine in a place that would add charm to your dinner without any effort from your side? Then unwind yourself this summer at any of these extravagant rooftop restaurants where you get a breath-taking view and a soothing atmosphere which you can make the most of. Given below are 8 gorgeous and self-soothing rooftops where you can enjoy exquisite food and the cool breeze.
Above Sea Level, is a beautiful rooftop restaurant that offers an eye-catching view of the entire city. What is better than a rooftop view? A rooftop view by a poolside! It is one of the best places to visit during IPL as it has great offers which include unlimited spirits with mouth-watering food. Grasp the fantastic view of the city as you bite your way into the Kababs.
- Cuisine: Continental, Mughlai, North Indian, Seafood
- Facility: Smoking area, Serves alcohol
- Location: The Raintree, 120, St Mary’s Road, Alwarpet, Chennai
- Cost for two: ₹3,000
- Contact no: 044-42252525
Up North is a cozy rooftop restaurant that is considered as a specialty restaurant serving North Indian cuisine indulged in spicy rich flavors. With a new menu that has been launched, Up North at Raintree offers sumptuous delicacies from the finger licking Paratha’s to the Dhaba-style Chicken, which is cooked to perfection. The decor is romantic and presents a fine dining experience with a beautiful seating. If you are planning on dine here, then don’t miss the sunset as you sip your favourite cocktails.
- Cuisine: North Indian
- Facility: Full bar available
- Location: The Raintree, 636, Anna Salai, Teynampet, Chennai
- Cost for two: ₹2,500
- Contact no: 044-28309999
A staple part of the city of Chennai is The Residency Towers and its restaurants as it has been a popular joint for a quite a long time. It is quite and offers a peaceful view with a royal vibe in combination of an ambiance that would make you forget that you are in the city of Chennai. All you have to do is to take in the enthralling view as you sip on the finest champagne and gobble up mouth-watering food.
- Cuisine: North Indian, Continental
- Facility: Live music, full bar available, Smoking area
- Location: The Residency Towers, 115, Pondy Bazaar, Sir Thyagaraya Road, T. Nagar, Chennai
- Cost for two: ₹2,050
- Contact no: 044-30853655
The ambience of Kefi is sure to transport you to another part of the world. It’s the place for fine and superior quality food and service. While looking at the moonlight casting its spell you can dig into the delicious Hummus Pita, Cheese Cigar Rolls and the scrumptious Baklava. If you are planning for a perfect date, you can opt for the cabanas.
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Lebanese, Moroccan & Spanish
- Facility: Serves alcohol, Gluten free options, Hookah lounge
- Location: Taj Club House Hotel, 2, Club House Road, Anna Salai, Thousand Lights, Chennai
- Cost for two: ₹3,000
- Contact no: 044-66313131
Hola is another casual dining rooftop restaurant in Chennai that is known for its Mesoamerican style of cooking. The place is warm, elegant, and spacious and is ideal for food lovers who love to spend quality time with families while enjoying the amazing view of the sea, which is like a backyard for it.
- Cuisine: Mexican & Italian
- Facility: Smoking area, No alcohol available
- Location: 6/1, 2nd Floor, 4th Main Road, Besant Nagar, Chennai
- Cost for two: ₹1,200
- Contact no: 044-45550260/61
Azzuri Bay is a rooftop restaurant that has been a part of Chennai for a while and is one of the most prominent places. Overlooking the Adyar River, it offers a perfect ambiance for candle light dinners and finger-licking seafood. They have an array of food in the a-la-carte as well and you cannot leave Azzuri Bay without trying its Tiramisu.
- Cuisine: Multi-cuisine
- Facility: Romantic candle light dinner, No alcohol
- Location: 13, 1st Crescent Road, Gandhinagar, Adyar, Chennai
- Cost for two: ₹1,000
- Contact no: 044-42115253
One of the best fine dining restaurants in the city that offers a quirky yet elegant ambience along with mouth-watering Continental delicacies. The bar is known for its variety of spirits. With an amazing weather that the diners can enjoy under the starlit sky, Broadwalk also offers a wooden seating ambience.
- Cuisine: North Indian, Continental, Cafe
- Facility: Full bar available, Hookah lounge
- Location: 2 A PoniammanKoilStreet, Egmore, Chennai
- Cost for two: ₹1,650
- Contact no: 044-33011504
Rajputana, a rooftop in JP Hotel is known for serving soul-satisfying North Indian food with enchanting screenings. This is where you need to be if you want to taste flavoursome soft PaneerTikkas and mind-blowing Biryanis. It is ideal for people who would like to experience an eventful dining at a rooftop.
- Cuisines: North Indian
- Facility: Smoking area, Live sports screening
- Location: JP Hotel, 1131, Inner Ring Road, Koyambedu, Chennai
- Cost for two: ₹1,500
- Contact no: 044-66888000
Dine like you are on the top of the world at any of these rooftop places in Chennai and if you have more to add on to the list then mention their names in the comments below.