While there are only few weeks of pleasant weather in Chennai, some of the best ice-cream shops around can make you feel great all year round. If you keep the calorie count aside, ice cream is the most wonderful indulgences to sweeten up your day. No matter if you are on a mood-strike, celebrating an event or just want treat yourself – ice-cream does the perfect trick in all situation and all seasons. Many people blindly assume Chennai is a place for Idly, Dosa and Coffee lovers; however you will defy the myth upon experiencing some amazing vibrant ice-cream shops in Chennai. If ice-cream is one of your can’t-live-without food, then visit these top 10 ice-cream shops in Chennai for some never-forgettable experience.
1. AMADORA GOURMET ICE CREAM AND SORBET
This place has been around for 4 years in Chennai that believes in the mantra “Eat Local, Eat Fresh”. Amadora has lot of deserts to offer including Brownies, Cakes, and Ice creams with 255 flavours already created. The place is ideal for friends and family looking to spend time together as it is situated in a clam atmosphere. It serves excellent ice-cream, all made in the best possible quality, with the best possible ingredients. Book your seat outdoor if weather permits and you will want to come back to this heavenly place. Located near Wallace Gardens, where many other ice-cream shops are trying to make their mark, but by far this is one of the best ice-cream shops in Chennai.
- Must Try Ice-creams – Cookie dough ice cream and underbaked cake with bean vanilla ice cream
- Location – NUNGAMBAKKAM
- Cost for two: 500rs
- Opening hours:11am to11:30 pm
- ADDRESS: 23, Wallace Garden, 3rd Street, Thousand Lights West, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600006.
- Phone no:94442323482
- Home delivery no:04449101010
- WEBSITE – www.amadora.in
2. CREAM STONE
Cream Stone is the one of the most popular ice-cream brand with numerous branches spread across all-over India. Cream Stone team are passionate about Cold Stone ice-cream, which is a process of developing smooth and creamy ice-cream made from finest ingredients. Customers are free to mix their choice of fruits, nuts, or candy on the frozen granite stone to complete the order. Each of the ice-cream made at Cream Stone is hand-crafted and prepared fresh every day.
Health conscious people can try their low-calorie ice cream and Diabetics patient can enjoy No sugar ice-cream. Their rich flavour include Madagascar Vanilla, Indian Mango and Belgium Chocolate and exotic toppings like Fruits and Nuts or Hot chocolate Fudge or Sticky caramel sauce. Cream Stone is the best 100% vegetarian ice-cream shop in Chennai.
- Must Try Ice-creams – Death by chocolate, devils brownie, ferreroroacher and nuttelahorlicks
- Location – Alwarpet
- Cost for two: Rs. 350
- Opening hours: 11am to 12 am
- ADDRESSL 253, next to NaradaGana Sabha, TTK Road, Alwarpet.
- Phone no:04430205510
3. CREAM AND FUDGE
Being the first international cold stone ice-cream chain in India, Cream and Fudge is the most reputed ice-cream shop you will come across in Chennai. Currently Cream and Fudge has 7 branches in Chennai, including Nungambakkam, Besant Nagar, Velacherry and other. The place is filled with ice-cream lovers anytime you visit the shop and are looking to create their own ice-cream using their choice of nuts, sauces, candies and fruits. The prepared scoop is served in waffle cups and cones that taste good in itself.
This place is especially good for people looking to try something different when it comes to ice-cream. Honey almond, Belgium Dark Chocolate, Chocolate Truffle Sensation, Apple Crumble, Strawberry Shortcake are just some of the outstanding flavours. The place is comparatively smaller but you will surely come back for the taste.
- MUST TRY: Nuttykesariya, Chocolate ice cream with choco chips and chocolate brownie fudge.
- Location – Nungambakkam
- Cost for two : 500rs
- Timing : 11 AM to 11PM
- ADDRESS: 10, Khader Nawaz Khan Road opposite Evoluzione, Nugambakkam , Chennai.
- PHONE NO:04443546255
- Website: www.creamand fudge.co.in
Being at Haagen-Dazs is the best way to hang out with friends or relax after shopping. This ice-cream shop is spacious with great ambience and some never-seen before ice-creams. No other ice-cream shops in Chennai are so brilliant in ice-cream crafting like Haaggen-Dazs. You will taste the perfect flavours and creamiest textures made with finest ingredients in each of your order. The brand exists for more than 50 years and continues to improve on ingredients into extraordinary experience bite by bite.
- Must-Try Ice Creams – The Eifel Tower, Dazzler, Banana Split and Dulce de luche.
- Location – Nungambakkam
- Cost for two : 1,000rs
- Opening Hours: 11AM-12AM
- Address: New No. 34, Old No.16, Platinum Building, Khader Nawaz Khan Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai.
- Phone number: 04443536374
- Website: paulsons.in/haagen-dazs
Movenpick is an Iconic Swiss chain popular for luxury ice cream blends and shakes in great atmosphere. Whatever you order here will come with a touch of Swiss attitude. It’s a luxurious ice-cream shop in and around Nungambakam, which has mixed seating arrangement for maximum comfort and best ingredients for unique taste sensation.
Movenpick loves natural products, so selecting best from nature is what make their ice-cream heavenly delicious. Give it a try for some pure authentic taste!
- Must-Try Ice-cream – Belgian waffle ice cream, Chocolate walnut brownie.
- Location – Numgambakkam
- Cost for Two – 1000rs
- Opening Hours – 10.30am to 11.45pm
- Address – 53, Nugambakkam High Road, Nugambakkam, Chennai
- Phone no: 0442879300
- Website: movenpick.com
6. CREAMY INN
Creamy Inn is situated in one of the most happening place of Chennai that is Anna Nagar. This is the most sought after place for ice-cream lovers, one because they offer abundance variety of ice-creams and two they are unbelievably cheap. The place is abuzz throughout the day with people of all generation wanting to grab their favourite flavour of ice-cream. Their service is exceptional and the seating is minimal still you will enjoy your choice with some great music.
- Must-Try Ice-cream – Lychee crunch ice cream, waffles, softies.
- Location – Anna Nagar
- Cost for two – 200rs
- Opening hours: 10:30 AM to 11:30 PM
- ADDRESS: AC 139, SHANTHI COLONY, ANNA NAGAR EAST, CHENNAI
- ADDRESS: W 578, SCHOOL ROAD, ANNA NAGAR WEST, CHENNAI
- Phone number: 044 23663939
- WEBSITE – www.creamyinn.com
7. MILKY WAY
Started in 1994, you can walk into any of the 21 outlets of Milky Way to savour some good quality ice-creams. They specialize in serving Italian Style Softy Sundaes, Thick Milk Shakes, Soda Pops and fully vegetarian quick eats. The most popular branch of Milky Way is located in Egmore, just opposite to Ethiraj College for Women. Milky Way has its own delicious signature style ice creams all at affordable rates. Being the most attractive outlet for ice cream around Egmore, Milky Way is quite crowded at times, but their quick service will make you happy and your taste buds dance.
- Must-Try Ice Creams – Nutty Crunch ice cream, Titanic, Chocolate Sundae and Lichee Delight.
- Location – Egmore
- Cost for Two – 150rs
- Opening hours:10 am to 1am
- ADDRESS:G-7 24/53,Wellington estate,Ethirajsalai,Egmore,Chennai
- Phone no:9841710003
- Website: mwindia.com
Ibaco is small but wholeheartedly a delightful place to have some affordable ice cream to beat the heat. They have pretty long list of ice cream and desserts on their menu book, which are worth trying all. Ibaco is insanely popular for the Rum N Raisin ice cream and wide varieties of toppings that will blow your mind.
It is surprising that Ibaco don’t charge for each scoop you have but based on the weight of the ice cream. Don’t miss out on their signature product “Ice Cream Cakes” if innovation is what you love!
- Must-Try Ice Creams – Ice Cream Cakes, Rum N Raisin Ice Cream, Belgium Chocolate and Jackfruit Ice Cream
- Location – Royapettah
- Cost for Two – 150rs
- Opening Hours – 11am to 11pm
- ADDRESS: Express Avenue, Whites Road, Royapettah High Road, Royapettah, Chennai.
- Phone no:9884164414
- Website: www.hatsun.com/ibaco
9. BASKIN ROBBINS
Baskin Robbins is of course a hard-to-resist place for people who desire to tantalize their taste buds with ice creams and desserts. Beyond doubts, this ice cream shop in Chennai is one of the oldest yet managed to retain their flawless quality and flavour.
Baskin Robbins ice cream shops are wide spread in 150 cities with 600+ stores making it the largest Ice Cream chain in India. Their 100% vegetarian ice creams are totally worth buying and some combinations like Bavarian Chocolate and Banana Caramel are hard to find!
- Must-Try Ice Creams – Bavarian Chocolate, Mint Chip, Three Cheers Chocolate and Honey nut crunch.
- Location – Royapettah
- Cost for Two – 200rs
- Opening Time – 11am to 11pm
- ADDRESS: 3RD FLOOR, EXPRESS AVENUE MALL, WHITES ROAD, ROYAPETTAH, CHENNAI
- WEBSITE: www.baskinrobbins.com
10. KWALITY WALLS SWIRL’S
Who doesn’t know Kwality Walls? Established in 1995, the brand today is everyone’s favourite for the love of ice-cream. It is famous for its rich and creamy traditional ice creams prepared with 100% vegetarian ingredients. It is known for spreading happiness to all ages of people with varieties of flavours like cornetto is said to bring love and paddle pop ice cream that brightness our life. Family packs from Kwality Walls are most-preferred choice for any parties and events. You can’t afford to miss their seasonal fresh fruit ice cream scoops, especially the mango ice cream.
- Must-Try Ice Cream – Cornetto, Selections and Paddle Pop
- Location – Velacherry
- Cost for Two – 200rs
- Opening hours:10 am to 11pm
- ADDRESS:38/1,100 Feet bye pass road, Velacherry, Chennai
- TOLL FREE CONTACT NUMBER: 1800102221
- Website: www.kwalitywalls.com
Hit to any one of the above destination to pamper your ice cream carving and you will not regret. We would love to know your experience with the above ice cream shops in Chennai or any other of your choice