At the onset of the New Year and the month of Margazhi, as you get set to new beginnings with more hopes and larger visions, we’re back again to excite you more. Although Margazhi is dumped with many auspicious events and festive, it is never felt complete without Kolams. With an exotic response received for #UTGoluContest, we are all set to begin 2018 with #UTKolamContest.
Women usually see this as an opportunity to showcase their creativity on the floor at their home entrances and welcome the divine powers home. So, if you’re planning to draw one or know someone who is an expert in drawing Kolams, participate in our contest.
If you’re not used to this practice of drawing Kolam during Margazhi, read below some of the significances of it and decide if you want to start it this year.
Kolam is not just an art but a science that was discovered 1000 years ago by our ancestors as a part of Indian culture.
Though we’ve got upgraded to new patterns of Kolam, in those days people only preferred rice flour to draw as small birds and tiny insects would peck and feed on the rice flour. Give yourself a pat on the back, if you’re still using rice flour.
Drawing Kolam in home entrances is an expression of love to Lord Krishna and it is also believed to affect emotions positively.
Big or small, the art of Kolam is so pleasing to see with a soothing effect on the mind.
Terms & Conditions
- The contest starts on 5th January 2018 and ends on 19th January 2018, 11:59 PM.
- Take pictures of your creatively drawn Kolam and post it in the comments section. One selfie with your Kolam is mandatory to avoid malpractices.
- Only the entries with a selfie will be taken into account. Pictures from internet or images which are not yours will not be encouraged.
- Only one entry per person is allowed.
- Three Winners will get a surprise gift from Urban Tree
1st winner – voucher worth Rs.5000
2nd winner – voucher worth Rs.3000
3rd winner – voucher worth Rs.2000
- Urban Tree will decide the winners in a fair and unbiased manner and it reserves all rights to the contest.
- We respect your privacy and we assure you that your information shall be kept confidential.
- A collage of the images shall be made and posted on our social media pages.
- The images shall be posted in an album and displayed on our social media pages.
- The contest is open to Chennai, Bangalore and Pune residents only.
Try drawing some graceful Kolam this Margazhi, send it to us and get lucky!
If we’ve already convinced you to participate, go ahead and send in your entries in comment section of our Facebook post now.